Schelde Gears is a technology-driven company specializing in the provision of support, consultancy and problem solving for all the technical and commercial aspect of gears and other rotating equipment. We supply all spare parts for gears, ranging from simple instrumentation components to complete gear wheels, bearing sets and shafts.
Engineering and Field Services
For gear design, analysis and repairs our technical services include the following:
- Gear designs for manufacture under license
- Design review
- Specialized structural analysis
- Computer-based system simulation and analysis
- Vibration measurement coordination and analysis
- Gear alignment and overhaul supervision
- Gear repair, overhaul and inspections
- Expertise on gear performance
- Failure analysis
- Assistance on gear testing
More than 100 years of experience
We have more than 100 years of experience in the design and production of main propulsion gears for naval and merchant marine applications. Over that time, more than 340 naval and merchant vessels have been equipped with propulsion gears designed and engineered by Schelde Gears.